Keep the Exchange Alive!
The 20th biennial National Docent Symposium in Washington, D.C. was a resounding success thanks to the Smithsonian’s Freer|Sackler Galleries of Asian Art and the entire NDS2019 team!
Now we ask you to join us in our very first fundraising campaign. Our goal is to raise $20,000 by the end of this year to “keep the exchange alive," plan future symposia and replenish our education grant fund. Will you help us reach our goal?
We work constantly to “keep the exchange alive” for YOU! Check out a few examples of our impact:
- Explore and download the breakout presentations from the Washington, D.C. symposium.
- Enjoy a video tour and highlights of the Washington, D.C. Symposium.
- Meet the Council members, including ten new members elected in 2019, and those who are already planning our next Symposium.
- Read about the five Education Grants that were awarded to help first-time attendees experience the 2019 Symposium.
- Join the conversation and share ideas by contributing an article for this website or joining the National Docents Forum on Facebook.
If you have found the Symposium energizing, if the Symposium experience and the resources provided freely on this website have helped you, if you feel good about making new friends within the larger docent/guide community, we repeat our question to you… will you help us reach our goal?
Current and retired Council members have endorsed the campaign by donating or pledging over $6,000 during our pre-launch. As you consider your year-end giving please visit our donor page. Every gift helps and is greatly appreciated.
Madelyn Mayberry, President, National Docent Symposium Council