1. What are the dates for NDS2019 in Washington, DC?
October 24-27, 2019
2. When will registration for NDS2019 be available?
We anticipate opening on-line reservations in April 2019
3. Where is the headquarters hotel?
The Mayflower Hotel is in downtown Washington, DC at 1127 Connecticut Ave., NW (202-347-3000). Information on reserving a room will be part of the registration process when registration is ‘opened’.
4. I’d like to begin planning my trip to Washington. Where may I get information?
Please see our section on PLANNING YOUR VISIT.
5. How does one get to the symposium hotel when traveling from out-of-town?
The Mayflower Hotel is two blocks from the Farragut North Metro stop on the system’s red line.
The hotel is convenient to three major airports – Baltimore Washington (BWI) Airport (about 36 miles, $70 taxi fare), Dulles International (IAD) Airport (about 30 miles, $65 taxi fare), and Ronald Reagan National (DCA) Airport (about 5 miles, $18 taxi fare). BWI and Dulles offer shuttles into DC. Dulles and Reagan are Metro accessible.
There are regional bus companies (such as Vamoose, Megabus, Boltbus, Tripper Bus) that offer frequent trips into Washington, DC with a variety of pick up and drop off and points. Washington, DC is also served by the national bus companies such as Trailways and Greyhound.
Amtrak train service is available at DC’s Union Station which is on Metro’s red line.
App driven car services such as Uber and Lyft are popular short ride options.
6. I will be traveling with my spouse/significant other. Will he/she be able to attend any events?
Due to size of many of the venues, we do not anticipate being able to include any guests traveling with registered members in symposium activities, though this may change based on initial responses. We will notify registered delegates should this policy change.
7. How far is the meeting hotel from museums and other Washington activities?
The hotel is 1.5 miles from the Washington Monument (center of the National Mall) and 2.4 miles from the U.S. Capitol (east end of the Mall). There is good cab service from the hotel to local sights as well as Uber and Lyft service. The DC Circulator bus service also provides ready access to most areas of downtown Washington and the Mall (http://www.dccirculator.com/circulator-map-and-information-guide/)
8. I have specific questions about the symposium. Is there someone with whom I may talk?