Challenging Issues for Docents:
from Kaleidoscope 2001
- Staff/Docent Relationships
- Docent evaluation/peer evaluation
- Home School tours
- How to retire someone out of active touring graciously
- Uniting two separate museums’ programs and docents
- Touring with mixed ages
- Parents or chaperones who interfere with the tour or wander off
- Funding docent support systems
- Trying to get the Education Department to stress training in galleries rather than Art History lectures
These issues are all relevant today. Most of them will be the subject of a Roundtable Discussion in St. Louis.
Look for the reports which will be posted soon after the symposium. Maybe we can solve them this time around.