Breakout Session Guidelines
- Breakout sessions should be 60 minutes in length including 10 minutes for questions.
- Opportunities for audience participation should be built into each presentation.
- Breakout sessions should include ideas and /or programs that docents have helped to develop.
- All proposals and breakout sessions must include at least one active docent for a total of 2-3 presenters.
- Breakout sessions should offer practical steps applicable to a wide range of institutions.
- A digital copy of your presentation is requested for archiving on the National Docent Symposium Council website.
Instructions for Submitting Breakout Presentation
- Participants are invited to submit proposals by completing the online application form found on our website.
- The application must be received by July 30, 2021. You will be notified of receipt of your application.
- Applicants will receive notification of acceptance by October 1, 2021.
- A PDF of the 2022 Call For Breakout Submission Guidelines is available by clicking HERE.
The theme for the breakouts at NDS 2022 is: Get Connected. Get Inspired.
The Program Committee will review all proposals for breakouts and will make its decisions based on the Symposium’s theme as well as the breadth and appeal of the submitted topics. An effort will be made to include breakout sessions that encompass multiple types of institutions and that are relevant to the needs of most geographic areas.
NDS 2022 will be responsible for:
- Inclusion of a summary/abstract of your presentation in the Symposium Handbook.
- Notification of the date, time and location of the breakout sessions.
- Electrical outlets and technical support.
- Secure environment once the display is set up.
Presenter will be responsible for:
- NDS registration fee of $480.00 which includes meals, programs and full participation in the Symposium.
- All arrangements for travel and lodging at the Intercontinental Kansas City at the Plaza.
- Computer and any necessary cables for use in delivering the session.
- Presenting group must include one active docent and no more than three total presenters.
Thank you for your commitment to participate in the National Docent Symposium 2022. Your experience, expertise, and willingness to share with others will make our symposium a success.