We are aware that you may have symposium-related questions due to the current COVID19 crisis. We are working to sort out all related issues and will provide information as soon as we know it. Please check back on this website frequently as we will post deadlines for Calls for Presenters, Calls for Showcase Presenters and Registration as soon as we can. In the meantime, stay safe and healthy!
1. What are the dates for NDS2022 in Kansas City?
New dates for NDS2022 are September 16-19, 2022.
2. Who is the sponsoring museum?
3. When will registration for NDS2022 be available?
4. What is the cost of registration?
Registration for the 2022 Symposium is $480 per person. Registration fee covers: meals, transportation for events related to the symposium, admission fees at participating cultural institutions and AV costs for the symposium.
Pre-Symposium tours are optional and are not included in the registration fee.
Transportation and hotel accommodations are also not included in the registration fee though we have secured discounted hotel rooms for meeting attendees.
5. Who can attend?
- Up to four delegates per museum may register for the Symposium as “regular” docent delegates. One of these four may be a staff member.Should space become available, registration of additional delegates will commence in summer, 2022.
- Presenters at the Symposium may attend in addition to the four delegates representing the museum.
- Past and present National Docent Symposium Council members are considered “Honorary” delegates and can attend in addition to the four “regular” delegates a museum designates.
- Registration Policy for Local Institutions (Kansas City metro area)
To allow maximum participation from docents outside the Kansas City metropolitan area, only three delegates will be accepted from any local museum, excluding presenters and NDSC members.
At least one Breakout presenter from a local institution must be registered for the full Symposium. Co-presenters have the option to attend the presentation only and no other events at the Symposium without charge.
Local presenters at the Showcase of Ideas also have the option to present at the Showcase of Ideas and attend no other events at the Symposium, without charge.
6. I will be traveling with my spouse/significant other. Will he/she be able to attend any events?
Due to size of many of the venues, we do not anticipate being able to include any guests traveling with registered members in symposium activities. We will notify registered delegates should this policy change based upon initial responses.